1.1 By registering on the Website you explicitly consent that the Company may collect, use, disclose and retain your personal information as described herein and in the Terms and Conditions.
1.2 After registration but prior to entering into any transaction, you will have to enter into an mandate agreement [insert link] whereby you consent to the Company using your personal information for the purpose of doing a property search to ascertain what property/ies are registered on your name as well as a credit search to ascertain your financial position and whether you will qualify for the specific products offered on the website. Furthermore, your personal information provided by you may also be used to undertake any negotiations with your creditors as may be necessary on your behalf or specifically requested by yourself.
1.3 The Company is committed to keeping your personal information confidential and will ensure that it fully complies with the terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI) in handling your personal information. Any and all personal information collected on the Website shall be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, loaned or otherwise disclosed to any third party, unless the disclosure thereof is required in order to comply with applicable law, court order or legal process served on the Company and/or necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of the Company.2. Cookies and other technologies
2.1 By accessing the Website, your internet browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit.
3.1 The Company will:
- 3.1.1 treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- 3.1.2 take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- 3.1.3 provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update your personal details;
- 3.1.4 promptly notify you if we become aware of any authorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- 3.1.5 provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- 3.1.6 upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
3.2 The Company will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless the Company is required to do so by law, or if you consented that the Company retains such information for a longer period.
3.3 The Company may use your personal information to provide you with further information regarding the Company’s products or services from time to time. However, you may request the Company to cease sending you such information at any time.
3.4 The Company will use your financial information solely as authorised by you and in accordance with the Company’s Terms and Conditions.Indemnity
4.1 Whilst the Company endeavours to do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, the Company cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for any unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information in the possession of the Company made by third parties who are not subject to the Company’s control.
4.2 If you disclose your personal information to anyone other than the Company, then the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising or suffered by you as a result of the disclosure of such information to such third party.